Thanks to the great enthusiasm of last years runners ( over 600 plus runners in senior series) and the keen enthusiasm of host race organisers and clubs – we are please to announce the dates for next years series. Plus we hope that the series will be 12 events – ( we are waiting on confirmation on 2 races) So we hope you can have best 9 races from 12 for the series scoring.
Most of the races will have minimal or no marking as they are fell races and picking your line is part of the fun!
So here are the events and dates ( any further details check with each race), hopefully all races will be taking 100+ runners. Any amendments we will post as soon as we know or as entry sites become live. Enjoy!
- Sat (early) Mar25th – Meldon Skyline – from Meldon – also Devon AA Champs ( selection for intercounties) 12.5k 610m of climb, will require some kit to be carried – unmarked but marshalled. R/O Richard Best SWFR
- Sun 21st May -Princetown Fell race- course approx. 6 miles of Dartmoor fun. Start/ finish at Princetown brewery R/O Colin Kirk Potter .Run Venture
- Sat 27th May – Langstone Fell Race – Peter Tavy- 6miles and two very nice hills , with a lovely village finish – R/O Dave Chanter TRP
- Sat 17th June – Burrator Horseshoe – Meavy – mid afternoon race and the usual Meavy Oak fair – R/O Richard Best SWFR
- Weds 21st June – Solstice fell race – Merrivale – lovely ridge run with a few bumps and a nice pub finish- R/O Colin Kirk Potter Run Venture
- Sun 9th July – Cosdon – from Belstone on same day as village fete- where else can you compete at egg-throwing after a race- R/O ORC
- Sat 15th July – Haytor Heller – surely no intro needed- one of the toughies but what an awesome valley – R/O Bon Rymel Teignbridge Trotters
- Weds 26th July – Evening race – Postbridge Pootle from Postbridge car park – greatly enjoyed by many last year- R/O Colin Kirk Potter Run Venture
- Weds 9th August- evening Race – Ivybridge 3 tops – the hottest race of last year and quite a toughie – R/O Chris Prall EVH
- Weds 23rd August – evening Race – The Gt links tor Flyer- super course with one particularly long climb R/O Rees Jenkins SWFR
- Weds 13th Sept – evening Race – Hopefully subject to discussions an interlude on Bodmin moor ( if not we have a back up) R/O Toby Lowe
- Date change -now Sat 30th Sept ( early) – East Mill tor from Belstone – with series presentations post race – R/O Richard Best – see You on the hills!